Raising the transom

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 10:15pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

More off subject stuff sorry but a broadbill coming in to be weighed tonight. Just settled in for the night so won't be going down to see it.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 10:48pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

True story here. A CSFC club member landed 2 marlin from a triple hook up off the Waikato bar in a tiller steer 'river boat' an FC 430 (I think). He was fishing solo. He has crossed that bar literally hundreds of times though and knows his stuff obviously.

Wow, that man has bragging rights more than most of us imo.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 9:18am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Many a local story of game fish right in close.. even small ones seen just outside the Waikato bar... Waikato in a small dingy on a flat day.. which today is and last monday cross quite safely... We followed a open stabi about 4m out last monday..
Crossing in and out.. trying top put into something ppl can relate to...A westcoast swell 1.5 m or less (only time I go)
Sitting west of No2 marker end of papakura, Manukau harbour, slack tide no wind and swell off the coast about 2/ 2.5 m....and the remains of that swell inside the harbour...or on a real granny day, so flat can stop and drop a line.
Then add to that from call to CG about 1 mile inside the bar to call well past start of about  3/4 mile and total distance across would push to be 1/4 to 1/3 mile.
 So yeah small 'dingy' boat granny bar day, game fish not uncommon in close, solo... very do able.
 Edit: checked distances on navionics , and significantly less than my guestimate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Durban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 2:53pm
Durban View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You can calculate the transoms length exactly. Use Tan ( 12.5 degrees)x 20inch=? Then use phythagros to calculate the hypotenuse .
Page  <123