Barcelona to Host 37th America's Cup in 2024

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barcelona to Host 37th America's Cup in 2024
    Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 2:12pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If I lived in NZ I think I'd be pretty disappointed.
I recall reading sometime ago that not all the NZ parties were aligned.  I guess this is the result.  Not the best advertisement for the NZ tourism industry.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 4:03pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sad Day,not a fan of the catermaran or foiling boats.This has just takn the cup a further step away . Wil no longer be interested in it. Dalton is only looking after his retirement fund.Just a ****.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 7:12pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Each to their own Pcj.  From someone who has no first hand sailing experience I think the catamarans and foiling boats have greatly increased the spectator base.  You can now see passing lanes and opportunities opening up where previously with the 12m boats it was more of a follow the leader procession.
I have no doubt that Dalton is / will be well compensated as would other CEOs in a similar position.  It is a business after all.  Clearly the Auckland City Council and the NZ Gov failed to table an attractive proposal. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 9:49pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

ROO ...  ROO ... RICKY ... RACK 

WE ... WANT ... OUR ... MONEY ... BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 2:16am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fish Addict Fish Addict wrote:

Each to their own Pcj.  From someone who has no first hand sailing experience I think the catamarans and foiling boats have greatly increased the spectator base.  You can now see passing lanes and opportunities opening up where previously with the 12m boats it was more of a follow the leader procession.
I have no doubt that Dalton is / will be well compensated as would other CEOs in a similar position.  It is a business after all.  Clearly the Auckland City Council and the NZ Gov failed to table an attractive proposal. 
The idea with the AC is development,but these new boats,no passing lanes as in real terms of matching racing,12m they could jostle at the start etc carry the opposition way off track,these new things win the start and providing nothing goes wrong win the race,no real match racing skills,if it was a true spectator following there would be more entrants than what there is. Quite a few old guys I know ,like me,have lost interest in it.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic