Bleeder Jig Heads

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 4:39pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

This US video shows the technique. About half way through is where the guy puts it on the hook.

I think even Zmans would suffer if being pulled over a 2oz lead, but worth a go. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 7:25pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This is the YouTube link on how to rig the bleeder jig heads

https://youtu.be/62lQ_biFVuI
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 7:45pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

interesting way on how to thread the bait,looks more natural than twisting on to the worm and poking hook through slot,so could you thread as shown on a normal worm type head??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 8:17pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

interesting way on how to thread the bait,looks more natural than twisting on to the worm and poking hook through slot,so could you thread as shown on a normal worm type head??
yes you can but easier to push the hook through from the front. The problem with normal worm hooks is the bait gets pulled off them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 1:54pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hence the TT Lures 'Chinlockz' style of this kind of belly weighted hook, designed specifically for the Z Mans.

Overall, i can see the appeal of this kind of set up for prospecting the reefy shallows or depths up to say 25m when the fish are looking up - ie with say a 1/2oz, the softbait presumably will fall with a wobbly, more level appearance, rather than head first with a standard jighead; or casting and retrieving a big paddle tail for kingies etc. Again a more even lie in the water.

But in terms of dragging one out the back in deeper water, I think i'd rather have the lure head down, bouncing along, and tail wagging.

Will be interesting to see what the price point is, how available they are, and how durable they are in terms of hook quality. My own view is that the OA Lightbulbs on unknown brand hooks are good to start with, but go blunt and rust faster than the TT Lures on Mustad or Gamakatsu hooks.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 7:21pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting idea being able to load up the jig head with sent, it will be interesting to see how durable they will be. I find my jig heads are well chewed up by the end of a good days fishing, if the weight on these is hollow big snapper will squash these pretty quickly.

Would be good to see one first
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 6:57am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Interesting idea being able to load up the jig head with sent, it will be interesting to see how durable they will be. I find my jig heads are well chewed up by the end of a good days fishing, if the weight on these is hollow big snapper will squash these pretty quickly.

Would be good to see one first

Agree, i cant see the scent lasting very long when in water constantly and being hollow they wont be strong.
I wouldnt worry about rigging them weedless either, this invention was made for bass fishermen who fish freshwater lakes with heaps of vegetation / sticks/ trees etc under water close to lake edges
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Page  <12