Can I Run 2 Fish Finders ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GillyNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I Run 2 Fish Finders ?
    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:19pm
GillyNZ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi, I have just picked up a boat and it has a Furuno FCV620 with a P66 Transducer fitted on the transom.

The boat also has a raymarine dragonfly 5 pro, which is set up as a chart plotter and the transducer is just sitting curled up behind the unit.

I fish around Dunedin and hope to head of to some of the deeper water, but mainly fish between 15 & 40m for blue cod and the like.

Would it be worth fitting the raymarine transducer to the transom and is there anything to be aware of as understand that they can interfere with each other, although it is my intention to only run one of them at a time.

Any advice appreciated.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 10:24pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I know people that have two but i don't know the details. It can be done for sure
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 6:51am
kinger View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

As long as they are on different frequencies you can run two simultaneously.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GillyNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 1:04pm
GillyNZ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks I will check out the frequencies but only intend to use one at any time so might be ok.

Guess just got to look at how to set them up on the transom.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 6:40pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I run a lowrance hds 7 and a raymarine dragonfly - you get a small amount of interference on same frequency but works good for me overall - quite often have one on chart plotter with sounder switched off and the other on sonar only but can use both sonars at same time

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GillyNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 5:39am
GillyNZ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks and that is what I planned to do, use the raymarine for its chart plotting and presumed I could turn off the sonar.

How have you mounted your transducers are they either side of the motor or closer together?

Thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 1:09pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Transducers are 12 inches apart if that - in lakes i run dragonfly for sonar and hds for insight genesis chart mapping gps. Dragonfly has a very clear sonar picture
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 8:32pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

For years and with different transducers I've run 2 at a time same frequency. No problems. 
2x Lowrance units runinng 258 and a Skimmer or a P66. 
Simrad running a 260 beside a Lowrance running the same p66. Maybe if you're unlucky they will interfere with each other but in my experience no. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GillyNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 7:29am
GillyNZ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks for the reply and will give it a go and see how I get on. I need to check the specs but guessing they are on the same frequency so will most likely just run one at a time. I just want to see what works best for the type of fishing I will be doing.