Bucklands Beach Boat Remp Ettiquette

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaffaJaffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bucklands Beach Boat Remp Ettiquette
    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 4:31pm
SaffaJaffa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all

When retrieving a boat at the Bucklands Beach Public Ramp, what are the queueing rules? Is the boat order followed, or car order?

I realise it would normally be boat first, but at a narrow ramp like Bucklandd, it appears to be car order as you can queue for a while at times.

Kind regards
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 5:53pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

From what I've seen (as a bystander a couple of times while walking past, not someone using the ramp as I avoid that kind of debacle), it's every man for himself - no rules - welcome to modern NZ!

Seriously, expecting to argue etiquette with some of the types I've seen using the ramp area is a waste of time. 

I would just time my return for when you can get on to the beach rather than high tide when only the ramp in use - I'd rather use that time relaxing by an island or whatever than going through that chaos with people pushing in from both directions.

Mind you, when the beach is available, then you've got to content with twits letting their kids swim in the obvious boat return area...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 6:21am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I've hardly ever used that ramp but if you use the boat order you will end up with people holding up the boat queue for an age while they organise themselves. At our ramp we drop off a driver motor back out until our tow vehicle is there. That is the only way to make it work. Our ramp is usually only horrifically busy on club comps and the problems usually come from others who don't know how to deal with those occasions, much like everyday at the busy Auckland ramps. Good luck. Hopefully someone with more experience than me with that ramp can answer your question.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 3:50pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

General edicate at ramps..where have launch and retiev sides, is the same as the marine rules.
Looking from land.. in on the right, out on the left.
 As to any other rules ..

Just avoid those times..
There are the early birds who catch the dawn change light... they return around 12:30 / 1pm
So head out then and fish the dusk change light .. and far better fishing, espec bottom end.