weather

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: weather
    Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 3:46pm
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

well well,the latest weather is that october is one of the hoties months on record up by 8 deress , well well i keep a yearly record of weather due to my vegy garden,and not a thing has changed , it may be a week or 2 differents, thats a season thing. blo==dy greenes and the climate , more cycle lanes and no v8s, well were do they get there power for there electric cars o its coal powered station. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 4:59pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hell,, if it was one of the hottest we must have a bloody cold climate, I think today is the warmest we have had and the first time it felt like spring. My mate in Tassy said he has had the wood fire going even last weekend and he had to go out and find another 2 tonne of wood to burn, south Antarctica has had the coldest winter on record I see, work that one out.
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 8:49am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Strawberries are ripening, now.. Tomatoes fruiting .. now
15yrs ago we would have been planting out about 2 weeks ago.

Cabbage trees already flowering.. a good month early.. which is a good indicator of a long hot dry summer... have never even close to seen this early in 50yrs.

And Auckland has lifted water restrictions already with little thought to even the long term met predictions...political call not a what is best for the people and long term supply call.
Again a political across the board (councils to countries and continents) " we are concerned and acting on emissions climate change" announcements.. Then do the opposite.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 10:45am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I think the term 'climate change' is more accurate than 'global warming'. There certainly do seem to be more extreme weather events these days. We usually don't have to light our fire in October but last week we had to. That sort of stuff is hardly extreme though, just a random event that gets thrown at us. 

We still hear about the 'worst storm in 50 years' sort of stuff which of course says we had an even worse storm 50 years ago! However, there is a lot of evidence to show that our climate is experiencing more extremes than ever. That may be because of greenhouse gases or it may be one of those cyclic events like the wax and wane of an ice age. The worlds had worse before but  we need to be sure we're not making things worse
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 10:50am
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Too true Smudge, pollution isn't good for any one let alone the climate.
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 11:05am
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

More heat there is throughout the atmosphere, the more energy there is for extreme weather events. This can take the form of long duration droughts, severe storms etc, even severe cold spells...

Hmm I don't know who would quote October 2021 climate records when the month is not yet complete. Maybe it was just one day being the hottest for October?

If you always do, what you've always done. You will always get, what you have always got
Henry Ford
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 12:29pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/10/01/south-pole-coldest-winter-record/

The average temperature at the Amundsen–Scott South Pole Station between April and September, a frigid minus-78 degrees (minus-61 Celsius), was the coldest on record, dating back to 1957.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 12:54pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/10/01/south-pole-coldest-winter-record/

The average temperature at the Amundsen–Scott South Pole Station between April and September, a frigid minus-78 degrees (minus-61 Celsius), was the coldest on record, dating back to 1957.

That's cold. When first arrived at Vanda Weather Research Station took a gnat out for a blat in minus 48 C. Hit a rock with tubeless tyre and had to change wheel. Impossible with gloves so took them off and fingers kept sticking to anything metal. Brrr..
If you always do, what you've always done. You will always get, what you have always got
Henry Ford