Would you believe it?

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 6:05pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I use a power winch with remote control tied around my neck. Just take up slack in wire from winch and press button to start winch retrieve. Probably overkill for light tinnies though.

Although I guess it depends how heavy is your load of fish..Smile
If you always do, what you've always done. You will always get, what you have always got
Henry Ford
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 10:00pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Back in the old days when I had a boat…. A handy tip from this site was a jamming cleat on top of the winch.
Great solo retrieve, just lock the painter then hook up and winch.
In 32 years as a Doctor I have yet to see a ‘clever’ accident…..all are momentary mistakes, misdirections etc. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 7:53pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Totally agree with that. I contrived another near industrial accident y/day by trying to start a lawnmower engine I had rebuilt. It was proving reluctant to start on the pull cord - so I came up with a plan that involved removing the pullstart and attaching a socket and my power drill to the flywheel bolt. What could go wrong? I am off to buy a new drill tomorrow. Could have been worse.
Then there is the ankle injury I have had for over a month. Trying to drill a 16mm hole in an angle bracket held in a drill vice on the floor with my feet. What could go wrong?
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 9:22pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

Totally agree with that. I contrived another near industrial accident y/day by trying to start a lawnmower engine I had rebuilt. It was proving reluctant to start on the pull cord - so I came up with a plan that involved removing the pullstart and attaching a socket and my power drill to the flywheel bolt. What could go wrong? I am off to buy a new drill tomorrow. Could have been worse.
Then there is the ankle injury I have had for over a month. Trying to drill a 16mm hole in an angle bracket held in a drill vice on the floor with my feet. What could go wrong?
Alan

And here I was believing we got wiser with age...
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 9:36pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep - totally true. You should have seen me 50 yrs ago.
I am sooo.... much wiser. So much wisdom experience to pass on now.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 4:20pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

It is almost 3 weeksnow since my encounter with the winch handle & as I tend to heal rather rapidly ( due most likely to the fact I get
plenty of practice from constant mishaps ) apart from the fact that swollen knuckles were preventing a gold ring from being removable.

Because it had considerable sentimental value having belonged to my grandmother, was passed on to my mother then finally on to myself,
therefore was reluctant to have to resort to having it cut off but as it appeared the only option had made an appointment with a jeweler to have it cut.

This morning as a last resort rather painfully began working it up bit by bit at one stage reaching a point where it was jammed refusing to go neither back or forwards.

With no other options available decided to close my eyes to the pain & make a supreme effort to get it moving again before the knuckle
began to swell further due to being so constrained.

With the aid of soap/water lubrication, in spite of it hurting like hell, it was worked forward bit by bit over the swollen "hump" until it was loose enough to slide off.

Made my day !
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 4:37pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That's a relief Bazza!
Page  <123