Wiper blades...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiper blades...
    Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 8:58am
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok, I don't know of anyone except a deaf person or a teen age boof head with a very loud stereo, who likes an annoyingly screechy wipers on their CAR, yeah car, not boat..it's up there with fingernails on blackboards, filleting knives on a steel bench and Suzanne Pauls voice.

So , has anyone actually found a wiper blade that dosent go all hard and awful 3 months after you fit them? At this rate I spend more on wipers than on WOF checks.
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 9:23am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

End up buying some from Supercheap.silcone base rubber seem ok.Think secret is regular washing of windscreen.had them for 12 months $16 for twin pack.
Had some from Repco and warehouse lasted 3 months.nit so muching the screeching but blade came from wiper .split.like all things today not made to last. Hde bulb for a toyota $140 each yep 2 weeks it went.found some on t/m $40 still going 12 months later.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 10:37am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wipers cheap Dave compared to what I have just gone through. V6 3.6lt not idling. Took it in and Ecm problem(had repair before) sent off came back same issue(under warranty) bit the bullet got one from Aussie and mapped,all good,plugged in ran fine for 100kms took back rescan,new code showed injector fault,out with injector ,open circuit. New injector holden NZ from Aussie $550 + gst. Mechanic found another supplier with USA GM injector $225. mould enclosed injector. Not common fault as should last lifetime of motor.Yeah so ECM + injector + labour about $1150.00 good for another 300k
Gm placed the ECM on the front of engine ,heats up cools down gets wet,apparently most last only 120,000k got 180k, rebuilt steering rack $1k 
Cost of vehicle v repairs still ahead in terms of replacement vehicle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 5:06pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not sure Dave,

I use procducts from super cheap as a matter or convenience.
I usually buy as good a quality as they supply but often balanced with the size I require.
I do use a soapy liquid in my windscreen wash fairly often.
My vehicles are varied and some in ****ty environs.
I don't have your problem or pjc's.

Like the Suzanne ref.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 7:13pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks guys, looks like super cheap it is.
Doing a south island trip next month effing covid permitting. If I have to drive with that noise I will go batty. That's if it rains too, and what's the chances of that on the lower west coast..
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 11:24am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

One side of the SSAngyong has a strip about 2" wide and 10" long  when the windscreen is just wet,  tiny bounces and noise from brand new.
Had 3 lots of dealer wipers on, they have washed polished (well may just a wash in reality???
 I have stripped the screen back, re polished meguires glass cleaner...worked for a while but back again.

So maybe super cheap this time.

Wifes kea, blade has center piece starting to break away, on drivers side... think repco blades

On both vehicles its always the same place/ side on the screen...
on the camaro passenger side (right) again similar strip as the ssangyong,  nearly 40yrs, 300,000 miles...many types blades in that time...and only when a little light rain.