Rod Wrapping gear updated

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rod Wrapping gear updated
    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 8:04pm
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

after some wrapping drying gear- not commercial just at home doing repairs and rebuilds and new builds surf rods mainly, 

Cheers Scuzzy
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 12:32pm
Titanium
Titanium

Sorted thanks to Mudhole, new gear on the way , sorting blanks at the moment will be 13'6-14 foot 2 and 3 piece.
more than likely  import them, some interesting things happening in the surf rod industry with regards to materials and design .Europe is leading the way these days - may have to investigate the blanks below very impressive 
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:40pm
Titanium
Titanium

quick up date

spent last 8 weeks sorting blanks for surf casting 2  x different models , thought about doing the right and support NZ  and manufactures ,  forgot how antiquated a lot of business are  in NZ . I guess having been in the industry in the past  I will be bias but customer service and the supply of info/ specs/ facts go along way to succuring a good working relation ship with company's and others in the industry - well I give up again,  dont understand any more - ( maybe they are paid to much by the government),they live  in a world of there own ,maybe its me who knows , not just in this industry either..
Time for a wiskey or 2 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 7:29pm
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Had a few dealings with Mike at Kilwell until last year I caslled and he was gone. His replacement was no where near as helpful, and refused to sell direct, kep telling me I had to contact my local. Haven't dealt with the others except for the crew at Offshore rods, I get a few calstar blanks off them, they're really good.

Which of the mud hole gadgets have you bought?
www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 12:55am
Titanium
Titanium

Brought hand wrap system as only doing local repairs and surf rod builds, not really interested in fancy these days nice clean ,still have a few bits of rod building gear around the place.... have added another dryer'
Off Shore rods= very good people ,willing to help and one company that gives honest advice..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 1:06am
Titanium
Titanium

Question- as any used the finish from CTS these days - Crystal Coat, after some honest feed back please.
need to upgrade my D2 (over 12 months old in the bin)