Any orthodontists on here ?

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote funandfunction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 1:20pm
funandfunction View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

fuji ez keeper - Bing images

What about the Fuji EZ Keeper ??
I've used them for soft bait and never had an o ring break or the keeper fail and nice that they fold down.
I've bought mine at Go Fish.
There are two types of people in the world: those that divide people into two types and those that don't.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 6:47pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by funandfunction funandfunction wrote:

fuji ez keeper - Bing images

What about the Fuji EZ Keeper ??
I've used them for soft bait and never had an o ring break or the keeper fail and nice that they fold down.
I've bought mine at Go Fish.

Thought about then but too easy to get my line snagged/ caught / wrapped on them - euro nymphing . Also needs something to hold the hook in place as there’s a second hook under tension on the hook holder by the cork grip hence looking for a rubber band .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crochet Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 9:16pm
Crochet Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I brought a heap of loom bands 500 for $2 from spotlight. They were a popular fad with my nieces a few years back. I could post you some but for the price just pick up a bag. I think the Warehouse has them as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 10:25pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Crochet Cast Crochet Cast wrote:

I brought a heap of loom bands 500 for $2 from spotlight. They were a popular fad with my nieces a few years back. I could post you some but for the price just pick up a bag. I think the Warehouse has them as well.

Once we are out of lockdown I’ll check them out, cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 11:57pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Hi Rory

Managed to buy a stamp from a local dairy so have an SAE with some tooth bands ready to post tomorrow ... how long they will take under L4 hold ups is another matter altogether.

We had a brief discussion via PM re the possibility of repeatedly sliding a hook under the band inbetween the rod might in time, scratch the surface coating leading to a rod breakage. Therefore have included a simple keeper loop fashioned from thin wire that could probably be held in place with a couple of the bands eliminating any hook to rod contact.

In any event ... do you anticipate the holder whatever the setup might be, will remain in the same place on the rod or will it be moved up or down to suit the position of the dropper hook ?? If the latter, might need to modify to using a small rubber strip instead ... will put one of those in as well.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 7:51am
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks Bazza, generally the dropper to point fly is 50cm on my rig but sometimes there is a bit of variation so being able to move the band(s) is useful.
I’m thinking maybe a larger band that I can wrap around the rod several times might allow me to ‘trap” the hook between layers of the band and keep it off the blank.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:38am
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

So this is what I’ve been wanting to achieve - this is the dropper fly . The band is easy to stretch so I can lift it off the rod and put the hook under it .
The point fly is on the conventional hook holder by the cork handle.
Page  <12