Anywhere in NZ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anywhere in NZ
    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 3:35pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just looking at coastlines around NZ there are some epic looking spots that must hardly get touched by the mighty yakkers.

I always found the Wairarapa coast intriguing.

Anyone fished it?

Which spots you reckon would be worth a go?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 5:56pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Ngawi or Tora ... blue cod plentiful in relatively shallow water not too far out & limit is ultra generous compared to most localities.

A cray pot left set overnight almost certain to provide a cray or two.

Need to pick your weather as being the furtherest sthern point of the Nth Is situated right on the edge of Cook Straight it can be pretty nasty at times.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 7:32pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

West coast would be the place I’d be looking, when I lived out at helensville and fished out of the Kaipara, I often wondered what the beaches north of northead fished like. I would look at Glinks gully. On the coast north of the entrance.

Also up around Baileys beach would be another place to look at. You would have to pick your weather, opononi inside the harbour would be well worth a look. Lovely part of NZ up the top of the west coast, white sand friendly locals.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 9:40pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers Bazza was looking at the maps, I had heard Castlepoint used to an epic LB spot with puka?

Kandrew the Kaipara is kayak fished occasionally. I know one guy did well there after last year’s lockdown just off Shelley Beach. Heard there is a great white warning sign on that wharf now?

Soft baiting around Snapper Geoff off Mokau has an appeal too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 8:29am
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

castlepoint has changed, but this is the rock platform for landbased fishing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjm2yBBoDxI

Like Bazza said, pick your days at Tora, that ground swell is huge at times. We spent a few days on the beach along Tora in our motorhome, hoping to wet some line & do the paua thing at low tide.... nah..... lovely coastline if you get your days right