Freshwater Fishing in Whangarei

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 10:51pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes, excellent! Well done Tamaterau!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 9:56pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great stuff for sharing - thanksđź‘Ť
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:27am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tamaterau Tamaterau wrote:

Hey Tamaterau, I've been doing my own exploring. Have a feeling I ended up in that exact same spot and probably caught the same fish too!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tamaterau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 8:34am
Tamaterau View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Well done! Was that recently? Would have thought the water was a bit warm by now.

Have found a few fisheries up here now and looking forward to autumn.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 1:42pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done! Was that recently? Would have thought the water was a bit warm by now.

Have found a few fisheries up here now and looking forward to autumn.

Day before yesterday. Water was warm enough for me to wade without waders, so pretty bloody warm! Water levels were a lot lower than in your photo though. 

Have you found any coarse fish? 

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tamaterau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 4:05pm
Tamaterau View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I’ve tried to find perch but haven’t yet.

Have caught trout out of 7 streams in 3 systems including a couple of browns.

Nothing worth raving about but great that they are still there.

The best water in the stream you caught a fish in is further up, they were taking off the top in November.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 8:19pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I’ve tried to find perch but haven’t yet.

Have caught trout out of 7 streams in 3 systems including a couple of browns.

Nothing worth raving about but great that they are still there.

The best water in the stream you caught a fish in is further up, they were taking off the top in November.

Cheers. Someone was telling me about perch in lakes at South and North Head. It aroused a little interest, but a long way to go for a perch. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tamaterau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 8:24pm
Tamaterau View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Plenty of sea perch (snapper) in the harbour now anyway and they are good fun on a six weight. Some are quite large too. So haven’t bothered heading across to poutu.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 5:04pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I visited Lake Ora today just for a look. Nice spot, but muddy water. Having seen the place and looked on WAMS maps, doesn't look like there is any legal public access to the water. Maybe the landowners don't mind, maybe they do! Could go door knocking I suppose. Anyone had any experiences there?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stickybunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 10:48pm
Stickybunz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey was this whau valley dam?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 3:26pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Stickybunz Stickybunz wrote:

Hey was this whau valley dam?

No.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stickybunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 3:56pm
Bronze
Bronze

Where were these pictures taken? Looks familiar!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stickybunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 3:56pm
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

Hey Tamaterau, I've been doing my own exploring. Have a feeling I ended up in that exact same spot and probably caught the same fish too!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 5:58pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wairua catchment. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stickybunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 6:45pm
Bronze
Bronze

Oh really where abouts I’ve been trying to find places to go any give a go been struggling to find some trout :(
Page  <12