How to carry lures for fast switch

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pederhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to carry lures for fast switch
    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:23pm
Pederhagen View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Where do you place or how do you carry your lures in a way that allows to change it quickly? All boxes require two hands to open and I have yet to find a way to carry my lures that allows to change quickly (not talking about snap swivels), because everything delays the fishing by me having to move, bend down, and put the rod down.

Do you see this as a problem at all or is it just me? How do you deal with it?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 9:23am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have place rod holders each side of the bait board in the engine well...Marked the most convenient spot and angle with felt pen while out fishing.
 So it drop the rod in, change traces or re bait, change lures easy with both hands
 Also have put 2 sliding draws under the bait board. One has SBs other has a selection of lures. Dont put in too many otherwise the hooks tangle.

As tp putting a rod down on the boat.. to me thats a nono .. hence why I have other holders , all placed around in convenient places , also pre marked while at sea.

I have had 1 incidence of a crew refusing to use the holders over several trips.. rod across the floor, things turned to crap quick (as can happen) then I ended head down A up in the cabin..

Down side of the holders.. cheap plastic screw on the gunnels type.. ppl sometimes use them for fishing from..forget to let off the drag or flick bait runner drag. And they get broken or cracked...On the other hand they are cheap and easy to replaceWink

Lures are not the only things that need to replace quick.. sinkers straylining when current changes..
I cut a plastic chopping board to fit into the bait board.
 This brings the front edge up making easier to gut/ fillet fish. And about 30/40mm gap at the back for the sinkers to lay in...
Couple bait knives in sheaths  (warms electrical conduct the flattened slightly so knives hold in.. each side of the board, and the a pair of long nose ring pliers in rectangle hole in the sinker 'drain' at the back of the bait board.

Then .. rem those old school tea towel holders that used to fix to the side of the kitchen benches? One pushed the cnr of the towel into and where held in place? one attached each side of the bait board, for the fish cloths..and another couple on the gunnels each side.

" Work hard to be lazy" Wink