Smoked Leg of Lamb

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smoked Leg of Lamb
    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 8:02am
RockCrashing View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well, not one but two legs of lamb LOL
Cooked at 135C/275F for 3:45min finish with internal temperature of 63C - med/rare. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 8:48am
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Look's real good, bet it has some great taste also.

Did a pork roast on Sunday, came out well. Would of put up pic, but not sure how to. May get that part figured out soon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 8:49am
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What machine / smoker are you using ? cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 10:29am
Gold
Gold

Thanks Hook-it, the lamb was very well received by all my dinner guests/friends.
The legs was carved up so fast, I didn't even get a chance to do it justice with some photos Big smile Fortunately a few friends did take some pictures. 

The smoker is a wood pellet YS640 from Yoder, http://www.yodersmokers.com
Been very good, problem free and most importantly some smart features for lazy cooks like myself LOL
Essentially it is a "set & forget" kind of smoker, well thats the theory. Have to say it works like that with some produce but regardless I'm always still hover above it to get the best result of the cook. 
Above is a picture of it I've specially took yesterday without any produce or smoke in it... thats a first ShockedLOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 10:43am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mean, looks pretty tasty
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 11:40am
Gold
Gold

Thanks kitno, still don't believe you have smoked your lamb seasoned with only salt LOL
I would highly recommend future smoke add some of the above herbs & spices ... the aroma of smoked lamb with fresh thyme,rosemary & garlic is still in memory days later... but now sadly I'm on sashimi diet for the next few weeks Ermm 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 11:55am
Gold
Gold

A pic friend took of the leg of lamb 

with lots of roasted vegetables 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 1:21pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'll follow your recipe next time, maybe this Sunday as the weather is looking poo again.   
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 4:36pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very nice .

I d like to share some thoughts.

I take the rosemary fresh on the branch.
I skewer with a thin blade knife through and deep in the meat and under fat sections.
Then push the branches through those cuts..
Punches flavour big time.

Do you crust the meat with your flavourings the night before and refrigerate.

Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 10:10am
Gold
Gold

Thanks @MATTOO for your compliment and the tip on how to add more flavour to the meat. Will definitely add rosemary branches through the flesh in my future cooks. Can already visualise the rosemary enhanced flavour.

Refrigeration of seasoned meat the night before is absolutely something I do with any produce, meat, poultry, fish. imo refrigerating for 12, 24 or even longer period to develop deep flavour infused from the seasoning is a must.

And here is something I'm sure most guys are aware of but can be easy overlooked... after marinating/refrigerating the produce it is very important to bring the meat, poultry, fish to room temperature before smoking/roasting or whatever 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 8:28am
Gold
Gold

Last Saturday smoked one more leg of lamb. This one was seasoned & refrigerated for two days. In addition to the standard rub of fresh herbs I've also add some lamb rub and four nice branches of rosemary through the meat. After four weeks on sashimi diet we have finish this lamb & veg in three days LOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 4:56pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great stuff.
I'm know photos don't do flavour justice.
Impressed on your joy of food, likewise for me.

I'm steaming a thought here.

Fishnet cook together.
I'll distribute pills for those vegans so they won't .

Sorry interrupted by stray dog.
It's now on the spit.
Dog tastes pretty good and there is a ready supply.

Oh yeah, for the non meat eaters I can rummage up some meat non meat.

It's so good it's dripping with fat like substances, flavoured to Africa.

Oh and on the hush, it's fn meat.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!