Softbaiting for flounder

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Softbaiting for flounder
    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 7:53pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

This is nothing new by any means. But I have always wanted to tick flounder on softbait off my list. Most of the fish have been caught sight casting in very shallow water. Watching the take is very exciting and I feel like I have slowly got a hang of it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 12:05pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Excellent! Hearing more and more about this, so it can be done Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 12:30pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

Excellent! Hearing more and more about this, so it can be done Thumbs Up

Bloke on FB is using these MB...

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 1:15pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes, saw that. I may give it a go sometime.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 1:47pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I wonder whether this bloke, sight fishes as opposed to aimlessly casting and retrieving with rod action to entice...
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WindCaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 8:40pm
WindCaller View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Very interested in this too as flatties are great eating and would be a good option for both flyfishing and microsoftbaiting. 
I live on the Hibiscus Coast and know all the estuaries and inshore waters very well around here but rarely see flounder, and have never caught one as a by-catch. Any intel on suitable locations and spots on the East coast, without giving too many of your secrets away, would be most welcomed!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 10:18pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

I wonder whether this bloke, sight fishes as opposed to aimlessly casting and retrieving with rod action to entice...

I've heard both approaches can be successful, but like all fishing, you can't catch the fish if they're not there Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 10:08am
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

A friend of mine messaged him and the guy said sight fishing