Repair needed

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote huntfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repair needed
    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 1:50pm
huntfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I had a mishap on the weekend and my near new Shimano Ocea Jigger Motive snapped at the ferrule, about 50mm up from the bottom of the rod (2 pc) I was hoping a new stub could be put in the end and glued up?
Just wondering who would be best to repair? I contacted Shimano NZ but they had no suggestions.
The rod is too expensive to throw away and with only a couple of inches shortened I am confident it will still work ok, maybe a little stiffer but negligible IMO?
Keen to hear some suggestions from anyone :-)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:11pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I don't fully understand where it's broken, could you take a wider pic?

If it's just the butt, yeah, you can trim those ends flush, then take a section of rod blank and glue it up in there, if it's done carefully you can barely tell the rod has been repaired.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote huntfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:35pm
huntfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold