Raglan

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Humpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raglan
    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 5:07pm
Humpy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'm heading to Raglan for a long weekend with my wife and wondered if there are any spots worth a flick from the shore? I have read the wharf is an option but I prefer to get away from people throwing bait and big chucks of metal if possible. Are there any wadable flats or nice rocky spots that are easily accessible as I have a buggered knee?
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 10:11am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'd keep away from the surfing beaches........Ermm
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 11:22am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

pop down to the mouth of harbour from low tide use good weight as current is fast, don’t have to cast far as there is a good rocky drop off. Tack extra tackle. Most likely catch Kawhai to a good size and then trevally up to medium size and the odd snapper to medium size but also a nice spot to observe the goings on when weather is good and if Bringing kids or dogs plenty of sand digging to do.

If into big paddle crabs lob out a frame tied to nylon just deep enough that you can’t see it, wait, then slowly drag in. You can fill a bucket once you skill up to what works. Good luck. 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Humpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 5:16pm
Humpy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for that, appreciated!