Have you been in an Atomix 420?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you been in an Atomix 420?
    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:21pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

guys, looking for personal experience of an atomix 420 on the water... how did it handle how are they at rest. coming from a smartwave 3500 and probably going to a 4200 cc. however have been eyeing the atomix up. cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 3:35pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Some time ago I did several matches for the Match Fishing League show and they had two Atomix CC's (~6m hulls that I recall).  The worst handling boat I've ever been in is the exec summary. They may well have done a lot with the design but I'd suggest if you're serious about that option you make sure you do some comprehensive sea trials. The only thing they had going for them was they were cheap.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 6:24pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

perfect thanks for that, I see there's a short video on YouTube and they don't look greatttttt,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wiski23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 11:18pm
Wiski23 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I agree. I had a 6m HT absolutely dreadful boat.
Would only ride sideways, forever working the trim tabs which never helped.
Besides the terrible ride and the 30+problems I had with it, 1 time I was out fishing, a couple of lads lent over starboard to look at a fish and the bloody thing nearly flipped over.

Good price range that’s where it stops. I cannot tell enough people to stay well clear of these lemons.