My second big Snapper in Two years

Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote Epicskwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My second big Snapper in Two years
    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 10:29am
Epicskwid View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Wasn't targeting this fish but it's great to see some good fish still in my home waters. 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPxUKbDkgscF_IbPr4YuuA

All Time PB's
15.10kg Kingfish
10.25kg Snapper
9.0kg    Barracouta
8.8kg    Rig
7.44kg Albacore Tuna
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 4:36pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

impressive fish - but caught from the commercial pillaged Hawkes bay ?. That’s incredible !! Well done you 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 7:00pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice fish, congrats
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Epicskwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 9:04am
Epicskwid View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

impressive fish - but caught from the commercial pillaged Hawkes bay ?. That’s incredible !! Well done you 

HB definitely can have it's moments, the fishing has been improving in the last few years. There's been an agreement by the commercial guys to not trawl a major spawning area over spring / summer. Still it could be a heap better. Thanks Reel Deal 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPxUKbDkgscF_IbPr4YuuA

All Time PB's
15.10kg Kingfish
10.25kg Snapper
9.0kg    Barracouta
8.8kg    Rig
7.44kg Albacore Tuna
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 8:26pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Karla Karla wrote:

So cool!!!!

Hi Karla the AI bot! Hope you are well! Those fish are certainly something to be proud of but you have to go! Seeya.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 5:33pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"impressive fish - but caught from the commercial pillaged Hawkes bay ?. That’s incredible !! Well done you "

Yes good snap. In sthrn HB our fishery has improved over last 2-3 yrs also - I have commented on this on this forum before I am sure. We are catching snapper the last 2-3 yrs regularly- unseen and unheard of for decades previous. Seems to be connected to the time a certain operator quit fishing.
But the HB Legasea have done a good job getting some agreements from the Comms, as mentioned. Also up arpound Npr there are some areas the Comms are not allowed to fish.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 7:26pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It will be interesting to see what happens to the fishery over the next yr or so.
Gabrielle caused a heap of damage. A lot of that flowed out to the HBay via the many river systems. Off the Esk river mouth there has to be several car bodies. But a recent media article highlighted the Comms plight. Many of their traditional areas are unfishable. They pull up as many logs as fish. They were asking for Govt help to keep them afloat. It may not affect the recs as much - maybe a few more snags than before. But the affect on the seabed is yet to be known. NIWA have been conducting surveys recently.
Only time will tell, but it may prove to be a setback to what has otherwise been an improving fishery of recent years.
Fingers crossed it may continue.
Alan
Legasea Legend member