rigs

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rigs
    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 1:22pm
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

ok looking at buying  the pully rig , as im new to beach fishing green as on the subject 

and i think  the pully rig is an ok way to get started 

im looking at making my own  but buying one or to to start off and to get to understand the principles ,

do any of  you change out the traces for fluro carbon , 

what about fluro for the main trace leader , ????

have any of you tried to use  the skirt and small hooks of the kabura type skits  for a  surfcasting  pully rig trace , love those small hooksEmbarrassed

has any one tried shorting the trace rig a bit and tieing a kabura skirt  to the last hook  and put a thin strip bait on it along with a pilchard  strip on the  2 main hooks the pully rigs come with 

as i feel with the floats on the pully rigs one should get a fair bit of movement in  tidal flow current  combined with bait strips ????? 

still mainly looking at harbor  and its channels fishing so tidal current can be an ok flow 

any other rigs or tricks i should be looking at