Our Beloved Kingfish Under Pressure!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our Beloved Kingfish Under Pressure!
    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 3:00pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

https://www.fisheries.govt.nz/news-and-resources/consultations/review-of-sustainability-measures-for-1-october-2020/

Above is link To propsed changes to TAC By MPI,

Below is  the link to Kingfish TAC proposals.

Were talking increases of between 70% and 100%.

Personally i find this totally disgusting.Justifiying these changes because of a percieved healthier population than last surveyed.

I have no interest in ranting on online.
Your all smart fellas, no time for lectures.
I just wanted to spend 10 minutes creating some awareness.
Personally, im gonna spend another 10 minutes and make a submisiion in opposition to these proposals.

There value to me of these fantastic fish to so many of us ,supercedes the profit of a few. 
By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 4:54pm
Sanchez View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

As far as I can see rec allowance has increased equal too or more than commercial ? I agree this seems unnecessary for recs to take 6 kings each per day in the south island if thats what it means. Croc mentioned kings are kind of a new thing down south at these sort of numbers, prob because of global warming. There were concerns they would eat all the cod.  So if that's true they are looking at it more like a cull I'm thinking. My area Kin1 seems unaffected. But yeah. More kings is an awesome prospect for putting NZ front of mind for rec anglers and all they spend to get one. will have to be local for now tho . . My 12yr old son pulled in his first king in BOI recently. So awesome he forgot to breath
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 5:01pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Forgot to breath hahaha. Classic. First Kingi’s tend to have that effect. 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 7:11pm
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

well, that's fantastic isn't it. Just when the stock looks like it might have recovered slightly, we smash it back into remission again!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 8:24am
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just how many metre long Kingfish can a person eat anyway?