Water restrictions - wash down in the city

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rosey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water restrictions - wash down in the city
    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 8:43am
Rosey View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi everyone. With the Auckland hose pipe ban, how do ya'll wash down your boat and trailer after a day out on the water?? We don't have tank water or rain water collected so not sure how to wash off the salt? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 9:08am
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah - also - what is the situation with WashWorld-type places? - my car is filthy...
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Transformations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 9:25am
Transformations View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Some still running as they recycle their water. I use the one at end of Lincoln Rd to do the boat and wagon....$10 well spent 👍

We don't know what we don't need till we've got it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rosey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 1:41pm
Rosey View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Oh car wash is a good idea. Those that are open... Are they all big enough or does it need to be a special size?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 4:09pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Rosey Rosey wrote:

Oh car wash is a good idea. Those that are open... Are they all big enough or does it need to be a special size?

height and width isnt normally a problem - but some are a bit tight simply getting in and out with a trailer on the back

do a recon mission with just the car first perhaps?
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 7:05pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Transformations Transformations wrote:

Some still running as they recycle their water. I use the one at end of Lincoln Rd to do the boat and wagon....$10 well spent 👍

Does this one have hose connections to run the motor as well and is it allowed?  It's near my house and I have the same problem cleaning up after going out but I am more concerned about the motor really.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Transformations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 8:47pm
Transformations View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No hose for motor flushing that I know of..... I do my motor in a drum at home. As I launch mostly at Shelly beach for me the most important thing is to get all that mud off the trailer and car.

We don't know what we don't need till we've got it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 9:00pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Have said before ,but will repeat.
As i understood the following were  exempt.

Safety.  An unflushed motor quietly corroding away inside could be regarded as a safety risk.

Biosecurity. An unflushed motor could be regarded as such--transferring potential bio hazards ,alien invasive species in larval form, from one area to another, or from one coast to another.
ie east coast to west coast or visa versa.