Black dog Cats Experience sought.

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:03pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

had a much look forward to chance to go for a fish on a under 5m black dog cat a month ago. Thought it strange a boat that size needed a 115hp 4 stroke yamie. Got into seas my old 2004 5.5m extreme would eat up and we had to slow down and we were getting wet. The driver was in experienced so trim felt wrong but he was proud as punch so I kept quiet. I asked for a blat. Better but wasn’t impressed to be honest. And we burnt a heap of fuel for a under 5m boat. Pretty stable at rest but small space in cockpit. Still good to see things being tried design wise. On paper the cat design should be awesome, maybe hydro foils is the next step....
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:08pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Depending on the chop it might have been better to speed up rather than slow down. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SeaJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 6:43am
SeaJay View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

There was one getting built in there at the same time getting twin engines, It would just throw the cost out in comparison to a same size monohull though. 
Salesman said they don't go any better with twins, I don't know if he was just being a salesman. i'd like to think they were genuine and in the end have done right by us, (they did try take of 2k for depreciation on the motor LOL thought that was very cheeky). Its not like they had a choice in the matter and they wouldn't want bad publicity so of course they're going to be nice. Ended up costing us 3 months without a boat and we all know what's happened to boat prices in the last few months so probably a few more grand aswell. 
Our old boat had the top cut of and and they sold it as a demo model with 20 hours on the clock, not sure the legality of that, I'm not sure the new owner would be too happy if he knew. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 3:07pm
Barra View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Seajay, I would really appreciate if we could have a private chat, I may be in a similar situation to you with BDC.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 3:25pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

IC see SeaJay hasn't been online since that post Barra but maybe he only logs in when he has something to day. Hopefully he sees your reply
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SeaJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 9:47am
SeaJay View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yea no worries, ive still got the full paper trail in emails. He only admited to their being a problem with that particular boat design. Honestly suprised theyre still in business, heard of another horror story at the boat show ,it was from a competitor though so not sure how much truth there is to it. I'll pm you with my number.
Page  <123