Lowrance HDS Vs Raymarine Axiom

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TurboII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lowrance HDS Vs Raymarine Axiom
    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 7:52pm
TurboII View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Looking to upgrade my really old Furuno Gp7000F.

Normal Fishing out in Hauraki Gulf and also Lake jigging in Taupo.

There are many options available and some good deals currently and I'm really confused between getting an older Lowrance HDS (Carbon) with 3D Transducer or a Raymarine Axiom with RV-100. 

Looking at 9 inch screen to flushmount.

Both have sonar, sidescan, downscan and 3D but not sure if one is better than the other as both appear similar.

Anybody had any experience with either of these units? would appreciate some honest advise.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Almo1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 7:15pm
Almo1960 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have an older Lowrance Elite 7 HDS and it has issues and it seems I’m not the only one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TurboII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 7:59pm
TurboII View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks. I was talking to someone today at a shop today and from his comments the Lowrance Carbon has had issues also and was advised stay away from them. Thinking I should go with Raymarine Axiom with the RV-100 3D 4 in one Transducer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 11:22pm
White snake View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I have twin raymarine axiom 12inch screens with 1kw transducer.no issues and simple to use
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TurboII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 7:11pm
TurboII View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks for the response. Sounds like you must have the Axiom pro as that can take 1kW.  I'm looking t the lower Axiom which from my understanding only takes 600W. Looks like it has the same functionality etc but a slightly lower resolution screen.

How do you find the 3D???? would be keen to get feedback on this compared to Lowrance 3D. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 8:35pm
White snake View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Turboll.i just have the standard axioms with a cp370 external power unit to suit 1kw transducer.i upgraded from a raymarine e series and was a bit worried about going to a full touch screen in the axiom as the e series had both touch screen and buttons.the axiom touch screen is light years ahead in touch accuracy and speed to process commands.i can not reccomend it highly enough.my 1kw transducer is through hull and my 3D tranny is mounted on transom.They say it's good to 90m but in salt water I've found 60m more like it.the 3D is amazing for finding structure but to be honest when I'm in shore bottom fishing I normally just run it on chirp.a real cool feature in 3D is being able to see fish right and left of your boat.so if you 30m deep you can also see fish up to 30m away each side of your boat.