Garmin G3 Vision Charts High Res shading

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SeaJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garmin G3 Vision Charts High Res shading
    Posted: 28 May 2020 at 6:35am
SeaJay View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Does anyone know if much/any of nz is mapped with the garmin high-res relief shading? Also are they pretty much the same as the C-map reveal used with simrad and lowrance. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 9:17am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Note that navionics have now have this option ...
 good looking at maps at rest or at home, on the water moving I prefer the bathymetric detail
Havnt been a fan of C map, thu havnt followed for a while now.
Garmin and navionics pretty much the same now.. think companies are joined also.
 If anything , going on garmn relief shading a while back , way more advanced than any others
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DIY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 9:02pm
DIY View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I am looking at upgrading to the Vision maps, does anyone know if NZ is covered by the high res relief shading. Do you think it’s worth the money to upgrade. Cheers
Oh what a smasher - two eggs and a rasher!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 1:35pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by DIY DIY wrote:

I am looking at upgrading to the Vision maps, does anyone know if NZ is covered by the high res relief shading. Do you think it’s worth the money to upgrade. Cheers

Very little of NZ has the high res shading, i would personally wait until they have done 80-90%.
Lucky to have 1% done from what i saw at the demo
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DIY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 3:30pm
DIY View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yep good point, I’ve talked to a few people and have come to the same conclusion. The cost for the upgrade is not worth it at the moment.

BTW cheers Kaveman, just got the Kaburas in the post.
Oh what a smasher - two eggs and a rasher!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aljay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 7:35am
Aljay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Has this been updated for NZ now?