Jig spin rod

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jig spin rod
    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 8:15pm
Stefan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'm after a mid priced jigging rod for a Penn Slammerlll (6500) Currently eyeballing
Penn Ocean Assassin 571MH
Okuma Tournament Concept spin
Okuma metaloid spin jig
CD Nano Fast Spin
Looking at using 200-300g jigs and spending round $250. Any recommendations out there?
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 9:09am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

All good options; they're all in that category of rods that feel quite a lot more expensive than they are - especially the Tournament Concept, that thing does not feel like a $155 rod.

For what it's worth, I'd spend as much as you're comfortable with. Jigging is one of those annoying types of fishing where you kinda do get reasonable benefits from the fancy gear, in terms of ergonomics and just ease of jigging. Of the rods listed I'd probably be leaning towards the CD Nano Fast Jig, unsure whether the 200-300g or 250-400g would be better, more a matter of what balances with that reel... inclined to suspect the 250-400 would be a close match.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 9:27am
Stefan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks Rozboon yes that CD is one I'm leaning towards. Great advice much appreciated
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 9:57am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Devil's advocate says drop the cash and get a Jig Star Ninja ML Spin... unfortunately they're on to the second generation now and kinda spendy; the previous iteration could be had for around $380 and were lots and lots of rod for the $.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 10:26am
Stefan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cheers yeah I'm stretching myself with the current line up especially the CD....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:07pm
ChrisW View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Rozboon Rozboon wrote:

Devil's advocate says drop the cash and get a Jig Star Ninja ML Spin... unfortunately they're on to the second generation now and kinda spendy; the previous iteration could be had for around $380 and were lots and lots of rod for the $.

thanks for the recommendation Raz.  The Ninja's have only gone up $20 in 7 years.  $380 is a hellishly good price, obvious discounting going on as normal RRP is $510.

I still have some of the recently old model Ninja Spin ML in metallic Silver available on special.  PM me for details and a nearby retailer who could help you.
give it death!