2020 Aussie Utes Eight Tested and Compared

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 11:14am
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Haven't read the article but I did drive my friends 2017 Ranger around for a day recently. It is the top of the line model, cost around $70k with all the bits.
My expectation was reasonably high given all the hype I'd heard about them.
I have to say I thought it was terrible. Underpowered, big, uncomfortable.
Compared to my 2001 200 series Landcruiser it came a distant second on everything.
My friend can't wait for later this year when the three years rolls around and he gets rid of it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 12:19pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pompey pompey wrote:

Haven't read the article but I did drive my friends 2017 Ranger around for a day recently. It is the top of the line model, cost around $70k with all the bits.
Compared to my 2001 200 series Landcruiser it came a distant second on everything.
My friend can't wait for later this year when the three years rolls around and he gets rid of it.

A 200 series land cruiser is a luxury vehicle. The Ranger is a tarted up commercial vehicle.
No comparison.
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 12:41pm
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Big -Dave Big -Dave wrote:

A 200 series land cruiser is a luxury vehicle. The Ranger is a tarted up commercial vehicle.
No comparison.

Yes, I realised that after driving the Ranger. Just thought it would be much better. Quite a lot newer but still a ute.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 1:31pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

$70k for an new ranger...
I’d have to agree with some of the comments above but don’t want to start up another debate...
New Prado gx is 70k....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 1:53pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

your LC sounds a bit newer than 2001 - they were still on the 100 body at that point
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 2:03pm
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You are correct Bounty Hunter. It is a 100 series, 2001 Anniversary model, my mistake. 
Had it for fouteen years now, think I'll run it into the ground but it will probably out see me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 2:17pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"But the Ford ticks alot of boxes. Only thing is.... everybody has got one. I counted 8 parked outside my building site a while back."

Maybe a reason for that? Dunno - but I would take that as some sort of poll.
If I was looking for a workhorse vehicle (rather than some exotic status symbol) I think I would be looking towards the most popular.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 10:55pm
Page  <12