Profile 1410CC

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e30chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Profile 1410CC
    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 6:14pm
e30chris View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all,

Been a while since I’ve been on here, but I’m hoping I can get some input from those in the know.

I’m looking at a Profile Boats 1410CC as per the thread title and was just wondering if anyone had any exposure to these boats (in any of the Dive / Cuddy / centre console guise)

From what I’ve read so far - people seem to get a bit of water flooding into the back of the similar stabi 1410 and was wondering if the 20” transom on these would avoid that? It has a 40hp Yamaha 4 Stroke on the back so at the top of the weight spec for these boats, I’m wondering if having two people at the stern end of the boat would cause flooding?

Understand the Frewza has a much higher transom and is angled to prevent this. Could be something to look into getting modified down the track.

I’m going for a sea trial with the boat from half moon bay tomorrow night (looking like 15kts and wind against tide) so should get to see what it can do in a little chop but any input is greatly appreciated.

I’ve only found two (mostly glowing) reviews on this boat so far however nothing from people that actually own one. (Bearing in mind these were both for the tiller steer dive model, so assume a lightweight 2 smoke would reduce the possible flooding issue)

At the price point I can’t seem to find much better in the current market.

Shoot!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:47pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

On the one hand, anything with a low transom puts the ****s up me a little bit. I fish quite a bit on a Mac 420 which might be the all-time champion of low transoms and I was a little stunned by how quickly you could take a couple of hundred litres over the transom... even just coming to a stop too quickly can have your wake overtake you and slop a bunch of water into the boat.

On the other hand, you just have to be aware of it in how you drive the boat. Reversing, or getting stern-on to a chop, will get you into strife in short order.

Looking at the various boats, I don't think the Stabi is much worse off than the Profile... and the Wing-style coamings give you a good place to sit around the outside of the boat.

The Frewza F14 has a proper full-height transom, none of the "4.1" boats do.

All of these boats have scuppers as well, so if you're strategic and just keep in mind that you will occasionally ship a bit of water over the transom, it's generally not a big deal to just get underway and drain it out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e30chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 8:22pm
e30chris View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

@Rozboon, appreciate what you’re saying, I’ve spent a fair bit of time behind the wheel of similar sized RHIBs laying marks for the RNZYS so used to managing the boat off the plane and into a turn. Sometimes you miss the grab and can be found with some water over the back when reversing etc 😂

I read that profile designed these boats with beach launching in mind so the stern must have a certain amount of buoyancy to keep the ass out of the waves.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 8:14am
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i would be expecting a bone-jarring ride compared to the RHIBs that you are used to - will be interesting to see how you find it...
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e30chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 8:40am
e30chris View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Under no illusion that the ride will be as soft - especially for the passengers 😂 i can deal, it’ll mainly be just me on it - I had been looking at skis as easy for me to handle alone but started getting up into boat territory and this seemed like the best value for money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e30chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 8:18pm
e30chris View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went for the sea trial and as expected, it was a tougher ride than a rhib, however much smoother than my old 18ft fibreglass boat.

Though that would be arguable once I install a couple of decent squabs to save the passengers lower back. I can see why profile didn’t bother with a skippers seat, it’s much easier to helm standing.

The steep entry and pontoons worked as expected through some 15-20kt head wind and wind against tide chop. Boat always came off level once the pontoons hit the water. At no point did it feel unsafe doing 25kmph in those conditions.

Butted through a few ferry wakes at speed to and it didn’t miss a beat. Most skippers would run out of talent before the boat.

Coming off the plane I could see potential in a following sea to take on some water over the transom. But only if the skipper didn’t know to look out for it. I don’t see this being an issue.

At anchor with two people hanging over the stern and gas tank at back the water came maybe 2” from the top of the transom. In very rough conditions I could see this being a possible issue, however as long as it’s front of mind for anyone on board I don’t see to much water coming in. Just keep the weight forward.

Overall I’m fairly impressed. Went from half moon bay to north head / rangi channel and back, I barely noticed the fuel level drop. A couple of mods here and there and it’ll be a great little boat!