Yamaha 90hp 2s reviving high on the muffs

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keeweechris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yamaha 90hp 2s reviving high on the muffs
    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:16pm
Keeweechris View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hello, after some advise please where to start with an issue with my motor. I had the boat away last week or so camping and wasn’t able to flush the motor after use but all was fine running.

Got home and put the muffs on with some salt away to give it a good flush and after starting the motor using the fast idle lever the motor started but wouldn’t decrease revs when I lowered the dash idle lever. I stopped the motor and tried again, same result with revs increasing to around 3000rpm. Tell tale water was hot, nearly to hot to leave hand under.

I stopped running again. Taking the cover off the fast idle lever is working as it should and returning to its stop when pushed down.

Any ideas where to start looking and how to fix it?

Thanks

Chris
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Snapper12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 8:07am
Snapper12 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Call me on 02108256334 n will guide u wzt to check.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keeweechris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 4:24pm
Keeweechris View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks to Snapper12’s advise it’s all sorted. The linkage on the throttle was sticking and not fully returning so a good clean up and lube and all good again!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 4:33pm
Ecko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Legend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 11:31am
Snapper12 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

All good mate.
Always hea to help.