Clean up o ldmessages and stuff

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clean up o ldmessages and stuff
    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 5:20pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Over the yrs my PM in and out box has been getting a bit full.. well up into the 1000s .
 So I decided to clean up much of it, before running out of allowance space.
Each page has only 10 messages that can be ticked for delation.
 Would be a nice to have an option to choose say at least 100 messages... in the inbox and out box
 I know to code that is not a difficult job

Also my uploaded pics is getting up there, espec the one off crap stuff, and a few duplicated ' mistakes'
 I would like to also clean that up
 But again no option that the delete actually works

I do understand from an Admin point of view why this option doesn't work...espec when comes to pics that illustrate technical stuff... and ruins threads like  look what I brought and caught.

Because my pic list , espec of tech stuff has got so big, I have for some time refrained from adding more tech pics to show stuff.
 As to look what I caught.. very rarely take pics anymore anyway..and dont of bins of fish..

Cheers
 Steps

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 6:37pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeppp totally agree, it's a pain in the ass to delete heaps
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 9:14pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

how do you delete photos?? comes up access denied,admin needs to do something apparently according young fella here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 10:17am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

how do you delete photos?? comes up access denied,admin needs to do something apparently according young fella here

Yep he is dead right
 That is in the Administrator phpbb permission settings.
 In there can choose if everyone can, or just admins, or just moderators , , individual members, or can put different members into groups and give those groups permissions.

Same place where permissions to edit, delete, ,post in the different sections and subsections of the forums.

I have run a fully custom a phpbb nuke front end with albums on my own web/ mail/ ftp server for near on 20yrs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 9:02am
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Was about to post the same question.
I can't delete old photos either,  keeps saying error.

Also when trying to add photos to a post wouldn't allow me,  had to go to my file base upload them there and then i could post them.  Which is why i thought i would delete some of the old ones