Help needed with Suitable Jetski

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Never Satisfied Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help needed with Suitable Jetski
    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 7:50pm
Never Satisfied View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi. Always had boats, never a ski.

However, circumstances have changed and looking for a ski.

Wanting something suitable for fishing reasonably far offshore, able to tow kids on sea biscuit, and all-round general use.

Any recommendations on make/model as I know very little. Happy to purchase new otherwise reasonable new second hand.

Also, which reseller would be worthwhile visiting in Auckland?

Any help appreciated.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:45pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I believe bigger is better for fishing skis, plus fuel economy over supercharged. At the moment, that is the Yamaha FXHO and the larger Sea-Doo models. The Sea-Doo Fish Pro is worth a look if you want something that is good to go with no extras required. I don't know about Kawasaki skis. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 11:52am
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

As MightyBoosh has said, if you are wanting to go offshore then you definately want the larger models from either Yamaha or Seadoo, and non supercharged will help get you a bit more distance from your fuel so the Yamaha FXHO or the Seadoo Fish Pro are your best bets.

In Auckland you can visit Family Boats to check out the range of Yamaha ski's and right next door to them is Woodbine marine who have all the Seadoo ski's so this would be a good option if you want to go look and compare the skis
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Never Satisfied Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 10:20pm
Never Satisfied View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for the feedback to date. Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 10:46am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Good advice from MB and Coxie. I have a Kawasaki Ultra LX 150 which is great but if I was in the market for an upgrade the FishPro and Yammie would be my options. Kawasaki just don't appear to have kept up with the technology such as engine trim etc in the non-supercharged models from what I can gather.