Insurance for a kontiki

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BlueMarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insurance for a kontiki
    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 8:31pm
BlueMarlin View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Is there any insurance companies willing to cover a kontiki?

Does anyone have insurance/or know someone with insurance on their kontiki?

If so, what insurance company and what are the costs please?

I'm basically looking for recommendations for insuring a kontiki.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bulltahr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 3:48pm
Bulltahr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Your contents insurance should cover it. Check with your insurance company. Mine is covered this way.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Got-ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 8:38pm
Got-ya View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yes, named iteam on house contents under sporting goods.
THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FISHERMAN, THOSE WHO FISH FOR SPORT AND THOSE THAT CATCH SOMETHING.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 8:48pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I was of the view that sporting goods were covered by home contents insurance BUT NOT WHILE IN USE. So this would mean as soon as the kontiki is outside of the house boundary it is not covered by insurance.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 4:15pm
RockCrashing View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Fish Addict Fish Addict wrote:

I was of the view that sporting goods were covered by home contents insurance BUT NOT WHILE IN USE. So this would mean as soon as the kontiki is outside of the house boundary it is not covered by insurance.

Crash drone over Rangitoto, home & content covered up to 5k.
I don't live on the island ;)  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:58pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by RockCrashing RockCrashing wrote:

Originally posted by Fish Addict Fish Addict wrote:

Crash drone over [COLOR=#6a6a6a" face="arial, sans-serif]<span style="font-size: 14px;]Rangitoto</span>[/COLOR], home & content covered up to 5k.
I don't live on the island ;)  

My advice to the original poster would be to have a chat with your home contents insurer and get them to confirm in writing what is and what is not covered.
I did exactly that some years ago and discovered my fishing gear was covered for fire and theft while in the house but not covered outside of the house or when it was in the boat. When it was in the boat it was covered by my Club Marine insurance policy.