Planning coromandel trip next weekend. Need advice

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote World by storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Planning coromandel trip next weekend. Need advice
    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 1:32pm
World by storm View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey everyone,

Pretty new angler and from out of the country and have never been to coromandel before, wanted some advice on best places to fish, camp and visit in coromandel over 3 days 2 nights. Unfortunatly I think it will be quite busy seeing as it’s labor weekend. Just want to get a good idea of the area so I can get a bit of an idea before I head up there on this last minute trip.

Looking to do some land based/rock fishing with my 13’ surf caster or 7foot rod. What are some good spots to check out that regularly produce? What tackle set up do you reccommend?

Also any good spots with freedom camping available Nearby or is it worth it to stay at a place like anglers lodge and park my van up there?

Any other advice or info you guys have is appreciated.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JasonEdward62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 7:28am
JasonEdward62 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fantail Bay, Port Jackson or Fletcher Bay can't be beaten. Google will give you a heap of information.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote World by storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 12:19pm
World by storm View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks, I’ll look into those. Really wanna get on some fish.