Slammer comments

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slammer comments
    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 7:50pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thinking getting slammer 3 for jigging off kayak

Can anyone who has one give me the pros and cons of the reel please
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 8:29pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Main benefit is it's water resistance. Downside is the weight. Other than that, it does the job and is now my main kingfish reel. I wouldn't use it at the Three Kings, but for a bit of inshore jigging, I would recommend it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 8:42pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

U got the 4500 MB

How heavy is it ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 8:51pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep, sounds small, but holds enough 20 or 30lb braid. Marine Deals website says 416g.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 4:36am
like_to_strike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I've been fishing the 8500 slammer jigging, livebaiting and topwater since they came out.

Set drag in the garage at home regularly at 14kg-15kg because i'm usually jigging in 26-32m water and i'm not a fan of losing jigs or fish. Caught fish to 25kg and no complaints yet! Zero

6 months ago picked up a used 6500 high speed for topwater again no issues or complaints.

Good friend of mine bought a stella 2yrs ago for topwater and jigging, long story short he likes his stella but for the price hes not happy and just bought a slammer...

Sure they are heavier then other reels and due to the seals there is a little resistance when winding but its only something you notice, its not a negative.

Disclaimer: i have become a penn fanboy over the last few years LOL