FREE makeover for someone's boat..... MUST READ!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FREE makeover for someone's boat..... MUST READ!
    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 5:32pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

The Ultimate Marine Makeover

We've teamed up with some amazing and very generous fishing and marine related businesses to offer one deserving person the Ultimate Marine Makeover for their boat.

If you know someone who has a boat that needs a serious birthday and deserves some karma to head in their direction then read on....

The search is on to find a boat owner who really deserves the Ultimate Marine Makeover, a comprehensive refurbishment of their boat in time for summer.

NZ Fishing Media (Fishing.net.nz & NZ Fishing News magazine) is working with a team of key suppliers, spearheaded by Suzuki Marine, to seriously pimp out one deserving persons boat.

At the end of the project, the vessel will have received a major overhaul including everything from the trailer up, including a new outboard, electronics, chandlery and fishing tackle – all in time for summer.

Suzuki Marine will re-power the selected vessel with a new fourstroke Suzuki outboard up to a maximum of 100 horsepower, depending on the size of the hull,  while Hamilton-based Voyager Trailers will refurbish the trailer.

BLA will supply a new Humminbird sounder, a JBL sound system and Ocean underwater lighting. Depending on the suitability of the vessel, a SavWinch capstan may be incorporated in the ultimate makeover along with a MinnKota electric motor and a Cannon downrigger.

Absolute Marine is taking care of any chandlery needs such as rod holders, navigation lights and the like while Hamilton-based Suzuki agent, Phil Birss Marine, will undertake the fitout.

Brave Design, the signwriter to the boating stars, will contribute their expertise to the final look of the project boat while the Journey of a Fisherman team will document the transformation from start to finish. 

Safety has not been forgotten with that icon New Zealand based company, Hutchwilco, sorting those requirements. 

Century Yuasa will be providing upgraded battery power to ensure a smooth start every time and that the electronics and lights have ample power to operate.

Topping it all off will be a selection of the latest tackle out of the extensive Catch! catalogue.

So here's the next steps....

Eligibility criteria
Firstly, there are a few criteria which must be met and rules:
Boat must be 5.5 metres or less in length and in sound condition.
Nominations must be received by NZ Fishing News by 5.00pm, Friday September 27.
The Ultimate Marine makeover recipient must agree to participate in associated publicity.
The refurbishment programme must be signed off by the recipient prior to the commencement of any work.
The prize value cannot be redeemed in cash.
The selection panel will consist of two senior NZ Fishing News staff and one representative from Suzuki Marine.
The panel’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The winner is responsible for getting the project boat to Auckland as well as insuring it.
The extent of the refurbishment will depend on the suitability of the selected boat.

How to enter
Take a high-res photograph of the boat,  and send it in to us, along an (approximate) 100 word explanation as to what you would like us to do to the boat to bring it back to its best, and explain why the owner is a deserving recipient (even if it’s yourself) of the Ultimate Marine Makeover.

Include your name, address and mobile or best daytime number. If the boat nominated is not yours, please include the owner’s name and contact details and state your relationship with the owner – wife, partner, fishing buddy, family member etc.

Email the image at the original resolution, along with the entry details, to NZ Fishing News Editor, Grant Dixon - [email protected] with ‘Ultimate Marine Makeover’ in the subject line.

Alternatively, you can try the 'old school' method - mail or courier a physical copy of your photograph, along with the nomination and contact details, to
Ultimate Marine Makeover
C/- NZ Fishing Media
PO Box 11 640
Ellerslie
Auckland 1542

All entries must be in our hands by 5.00pm, Friday September 27, 2019.
The successful Ultimate Marine Makeover recipient will be announced in the October issue as well as in this thread and our News section.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 7:48pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top stuff!!!!!Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 9:20pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

where was this 8 months ago? I"ve been helping a newbie to this site who only sought information on a motor. Now we are almost getting nearly almost nearly there!(intended double), Transom strengthened, floor redone and carpeted, motor purchased and installed etc etc etc. Bugger i'll have to think about this now
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 7:35am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Wow, just saw this. What a great opportunity for someone
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote neil_cb125t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 1:54pm
neil_cb125t View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Its ok - no one else needs to apply Wink

Fantastic idea by the promoters - if I dont win then ill replace my little 14.6v this summer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 9:47pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

All entries must be in our hands by 5.00pm, Friday September 27, 2019.
The successful Ultimate Marine Makeover recipient will be announced in the October issue as well as in this thread and our News section.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Who won ?

If nobody qualified then rather than leave such a generous offer unclaimed, my 10 yo MacLay would appreciate a tidy up.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 6:06am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wot you missed something Bazza!! I read about the wining boat weeks ago.Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 9:23am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

OK SG, seems as tho I must have if a winner was announced but as far as I can see nothing appears on this thread as it said it would.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 5:20pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

OK SG, seems as tho I must have if a winner was announced but as far as I can see nothing appears on this thread as it said it would.
Bazza Whitianga's Jason Reidinger was the winner. Read it on The NZ fishing News Site. Yes I agree result should of been posted on forum as well.Beer 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 8:25pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Apologies as should have checked it had been noted here. Worthy winner and a great backstory - tba when it’s all
done
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote viscount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 5:18am
viscount View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

When are you going to put up the review of the new fishing news center console
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job - Paul Schullery
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 9:59pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Originally posted by viscount viscount wrote:

When are you going to put up the review of the new fishing news center console
It’s been written and published in Fishing News so will see when it’s due to go live on here.