Glass Rods

Page  <1 567
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 8:51pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Very nice    You'll enjoy putting a bend in that for the first time
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 8:43am
Fraser Hocks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one Dick.  Yea iv built 6 of their rods so far and is not as daunting as most people think.  The bonus is that even if you do a really crappy job the rod will still cast and fish just as well as the works of art that Trevor (their rod building guru) turns out. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mudfish marquand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 8:58am
Mudfish marquand View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Which of the Epic rods have you built Fraser? Cheers
On the fly or not interested.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 9:22am
Platinum
Platinum

iv built 2 Epic 5# carbons (one for me and one for my wife) a 6# epic carbon.  One of each of the DH13 rods and a packlight (but that was for a friend).    

Although my wife is wanting a nicer small stream rod, so is keen to try out a packlight or a 476 which I will be dealt the task of custom building for her.   That will be when we get back from our trip though.  

Il be bringing a few on the trip, so you can check out my rod building skills Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Mudfish marquand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 4:45pm
Gold
Gold

Well, there seems to be a bit of magic in the Epic Bandit. Took it out for a wade today and pulled this fellow off a short tail. The rod felt wonderful during the fight. Its mate stayed with right to the end. I took a quick photo, put the king back in the water and it showed its appreciation by soaking me when it took off. I saw another short tail with a single rider as well as two good size kings beating up bait in the shallows just out of casting range. The baitfish pattern was one tied by Bronwyn Wilson. Can't wait for tomorrow. Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 6:03pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Awesome work!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mudfish marquand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 7:16pm
Gold
Gold

I think that you would be pleasantly surprised by the performance of the rod Craig. They are very very nice rods. If you get a chance to cast one, jump at it. I would value your opinion. Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Troutzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 7:59pm
Troutzilla View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great capture Dick!!

I have the Bandit as well - really fun rod!
It aint no use if it aint chartreuse!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mudfish marquand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 6:35am
Gold
Gold

I'd be interested to know details of your line preferences for your Bandit Troutzilla. Another nice glass rod for kings that I enjoy using is the Echo Bad Ass Glass Quickshot, an 8 foot #9. It is a very smooth casting and powerful rod but is badly let down by the quality of the cork in the grip. After less than a month of hard and sustained use, most of the cork filler has dropped out, leaving a grotty looking grip that feels rough in the hand. The Echo B.A.G. Quickshot is a budget rod, but the shaft is right up there amongst a lot more expensive glass. There are some owners, myself included, that would be happy to pay more and get a quality grip. Tim Rajeff really needs to think about it. With the Epic rods, you pay a bit more, but you are assured that you are getting the very best of components. Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 9:22am
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work Dick!  Got to be happy with that Cool
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 10:09am
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done mate, makes me wish id never moved Cry
Im an Epic convert too - Have built a Packlight and a 376, both beautiful small stream rods. Currently have a 686 in the build now, should be great for streamer chucking.

Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 11:37am
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

[QUOTE=MarkE]
Well done mate, makes me wish id never moved Cry
Im an Epic convert too - Have built a Packlight and a 376, both beautiful small stream rods. Currently have a 686 in the build now, should be great for streamer chucking.
 [/DIV

Really enjoying my 580 epic but only in the fresh water
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 6:16pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hell Yeah
well doneThumbs Up
By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mudfish marquand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 8:10pm
Gold
Gold

Thanks guys. If any of you are down this way and feel like a wade and a look for a king, it would be a privilege to show you around.

Cheers
Page  <1 567