Can Anyone Help an Old Friend?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trenta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can Anyone Help an Old Friend?
    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 12:31am
Trenta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hello All, 

I hope you are well.  As some of you longer term residents may well remember I am from NZ originally and live in the UK and have been on and off these forum boards for the past 18 years or so and have thoroughly enjoyed the camaraderie and helpfulness of the members on here. 

Well, I need to ask for some tips or advice.  

One of my close friends, Tom from the UK has arrived in New Zealand today with aspirations to get out game fishing (or fishing in general) and unfortunately his contact that he was going to fish with has had a nasty accident which has kept him off the water and now Tom is looking for any other opportunities to get out amongst it. 

Please let me know if you can help point him in the right direction. 

Cheers
Trenta

This is from Tom earlier:

I have come over to New Zealand for a few weeks and was hoping whilst I was over I'd be able to come out and give someone a hand or try my own hand at Game fishing.

If there is any chance of getting out I would very much appreciate the opportunity. I am currently in Piha for a few days and was hoping to get out with Duncs, as he knows a friend of mine, Trent Kinghorn but unfortunately he has done some damage to his ankle. 

A bit about me, I'm a Gamekeeper back in the UK and absolutely love my hunting, but haven't really done a huge amount of fishing so thought a trip like this it would be silly if I didn't get involved.  I am travelling with my wife and 1-year-old son but they understand that I may be disappearing off to do some fishing as she knows it's one of my dreams.  Hopefully, hear back from you soon. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Trenta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 6:09am
Trenta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sorry, I forgot the most important part!

Tom says he would contribute to costs, and supply beer and cake!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 9:26am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

With the roar coming up and a taste of NZ style hunting over European style with beaters and platforms. Would be a shame to head back not spending 4 or 5 days in the bush.
Failing a marlin fish opportity.. Or on top of
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grady-White Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 11:17am
Grady-White Guy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

If you contact me at
b_newmark@ hotmail.com
I might have a last minute crew opening. Send me your phone contact number Bruce
Grady- White Guy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 2:31pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Good to hear from you Trent. Hopefully your mate gets sorted! While I'm out gamefishing this weekend we have a full crew.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trenta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 11:32pm
Trenta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

HI Smudge - really good to hear from you - I hope you are well.  Tom was up in Matauri bay, bit only managed to get out for a last minute snapper fish - better than nothing I suppose! 

He is in Kaikoura now and had a good day on the water there, but obs not many gamefish that far south.

I am bring my family back in April so hopefully they are still biting then!

Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:24am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

April is always a good time, well I guess the gamefish are holding back by then but there are plenty still around out west at the moment
Best gurnard fisherman in my street