Boat discussion

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote panamanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat discussion
    Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:22pm
panamanz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi,
Be interested in people’s opinions particularly those of you in a similar situation.
Looking for a boat that I can go onshore and offshore on a good day for example to motiti (live in Tauranga) or penguin shoals/Tokoroa or schooner etc etc. on a really good day mayor. Have two young boys under 7. So prefer a boat I can handle predominantly myself with my wife helping me if required. Wife would like it to go to lake to do a little water sports.
I know this sounds like a pipe dream to some of you but I’m sure there are families in this situation.
I currently have a 4.85surtees workmate which obviously can’t accomodate all these options.
Have looked at rayglass 2150 soft top and Tristram 641 offshore. (Not sure a hardtop is something I’m hundred percent keen on) not sure how much overnighting will be done offshore (maybe on the lake). Also like the 6-6.5m surtees and extreme options. Opinions on all these mentioned boats and others would be appreciated.
All discussions would be awesome thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:44pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Welcome to the forum.

Can i suggest you post this exact same question on the Boat Shed thread, which has all the serious boat fanatics reading and contributing to it. More expert eyes.

There are also a couple of recent threads you might find useful if you haven't seen them already. It's really useful to go back through historic threads - almost always, there have been similar questions asked.

https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/changing-from-a-glass-boat-to-a-alloy-boat_topic130131.html

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote panamanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:53pm
panamanz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers mate. Will do.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 7:07am
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have a RG 2150 and live in Tauranga and what you mentioned is what our family does...
For us it’s pretty much the perfect boat, not overwhelming big but big enough to feel safe in offshore, and good to handle at the lakes...