Jet Ski Collars

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cocolococo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 10:15am
cocolococo View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by MightyBoosh MightyBoosh wrote:

Hi. I don't do facebook, sorry. Happy to chat on the forum here, or via PM. I'm online a lot of the time. In the meantime, I've been out with the collars a few times now and recommend them.

Ho, thanks for your reply, how robust these collars are? if someone accidentally stand on the collar while trying to board the gunnel is that going to break it?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 12:45pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think standing on the collar while the ski is in the water would be OK, but it's not something I would want to happen while it's on the trailer. The collars are probably strong enough, but the fibreglass where the they are attached to the ski might not be. Not something I'm going to test. I just took the ski in for a service and detached the collars to be on the safe side. Once the bracket is installed, removing the collars is a little fiddly, but not difficult. 10x bolts on either side. 

Btw, I joined Facebook and your group just to see what was going on out there LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 3:08pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I like the Safa JetSki pods more, gives a lot more storage for fish and or fuel, as a spearo I wouldnt want to block the easy access via the back with eskies and rod holders.

However they are not available in NZ so the collars look like the next best thing. Had a go on my mates and dang its stable as.
Page  <123