Rotorua Rivers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RC17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rotorua Rivers
    Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:14am
RC17 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi guys,

Just after some suggestions for some rivers to try within 30-40min of Rotorua. I fish the Ngongy etc semi regularly, but keen to explore what else the area has to offer outside the central Rotorua rivers. 

Usually I would just get out there and have a look for myself but with a young baby etc exploration hours are not on my side, so would appreciate a point in the right direction!

Cheers, Rich
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 12:16pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think Ngongi pretty hard to beat - I know it has it has its challenges but even an average fly fisherman like me can catch fish there and see some huge browns most of the time too. Not an expert on any of other rivers -will get Duncan to get on here and tell us.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote RC17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 12:49pm
RC17 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yea for sure I always enjoy a flick on the Ngongy even if I do keep Hunting and Fishing Rotorua in business with the number of flies I lose haha. 

I haven't fished the Waiteti much above the bridge as public access seems pretty limited. 

Has anyone fished the Rangitaiki much?