Cheap Fly Line?

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:01pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

You're not wrong there. Some bloody good deals

You need to do a search for flylines on the Marine Deals site in order to view all the lines.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 3:43pm
Fraser Hocks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Humm im a little bit disappoint with Marine Deals I have to say.  I placed the order for the rod on about 7 days ago.  I though it rather odd that iv not received the rod yet, so I called them up.  

They said that they are awaiting the rods to arrive in their warehouse, but are expecting to later next week and then the rod will be shipped out to me.  I chatted to the girl and she said that this is fairly common with the products they sell. Long and short of it, if you don't need it for several weeks probably not bad, but forget it if you need it in the next few days.   Glad I know now.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 4:05pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fraser Hocks Fraser Hocks wrote:

I chatted to the girl and she said that this is fairly common with the products they sell. Long and short of it, if you don't need it for several weeks probably not bad, but forget it if you need it in the next few days.   Glad I know now.  

Yip, the devil is in the detail with them and other online retailers: if the listing says 'in stock' they ship it immediately; if it says 'ships 22 Oct-3 Nov' or something like that, it means they have to get it from the distributor first. Not being aware of the specifics, that was probably the situation with your rod...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 4:19pm
Fraser Hocks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yea good call bro.   I didn't realize that when I orders it.  There was in very small text a "shipped" date, but I figured if it wasn't in stock that it would have been a bit clearer.   Its not a big deal if your not in a hurry I suppose, I just didn't realize.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:23pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Yeah, but some of the prices are mental. There were two more 10wt f/I SA lines there last night for $50 . Gone in the morning. Somebody got lucky. I am very happy with my 11wt lines of the same type. Full 100ft practice casts with it off the pontoon last night

Other retailers must hate them. A hot deal like that is almost under cost
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 7:52pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If you need something in a hurry from Marine deals there is a way to filter search results by "in stock" which means it is in their warehouse and ready to ship out or you can always call to double check before you order online.  

Thankfully their new shop is close to me, so I generally go pick it up to save time and cost (if I don't end up buying something else while I'm there Confused).
Page  <12