Insurance on swing mooring

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spear junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insurance on swing mooring
    Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 2:19pm
spear junkie View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Decided it was time to make the step up from trailer boat to launch. Have found a boat, but struggling to find insurance because we have a swing mooring. Who has found a company that will insure on a swing mooring?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 4:07pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

NZI and Vero are big insurers for charter boats so I would maybe try them. Other option is to call a broker who might know the answer and get it set up for you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 5:01pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wheres the mooring?? Getting hard to get insurance because of all the ****ters lying around Auckland and breaking free/sinking    Try Club Marine who support Legasea!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 7:50pm
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We use Mariner Marine Insurance. Maybe we are grandfathered in but it's a swing mooring. Also they say they insure my boat on the haulout trailer but I kinda find that a reach...Hope I never claim and find out!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spear junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 9:28pm
Silver
Silver

Thanks for the replies guys. We are at Algies Bay, so that may have something to do with it. I have seen a couple boats come off their moorings here in the past.
Survey is tomorrow- there were a couple companies that wouldn't commit either way till seeing the survey so hopefully they come through....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 2:49am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

youi is who I was insured with and when we were taken out by another vessel who broke their mooring ,youi came to the party and payed for salvage and unfortunatly mine was a right off but paid out within the week,they would reinsure me but had to go on piles in tamaki river . bailys said no to mooring.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 6:21am
Platinum
Platinum

My friend has a mooring at Algies for his 52ft yacht. He seldom uses it and the whole lot, mooring and all has beached in a storm.

He said it's a lot of rock out there and not much sand for the moorings to suck into so it's not a great set up.

Insurance companies may be aware?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phelpsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 10:25pm
phelpsey View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I use baileys in opua and have found them to be excellent, reasonably priced and no
Issues with a claim
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ugly Trolla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 6:58pm
Ugly Trolla View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Had the same problem with my new boat. Seems NZI doesnt want a bar of it and Vero underwrites most of the smaller companies. Got turned down by several companies then found Nautical - they sorted it out quick and easy but at a price, and still Vero
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spear junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 11:00am
Silver
Silver

Cheers guys. Seems the boat we were interested in was a p.o.s. rotten most places and waterlogged everywhere else. Survey was definitely money well spent. Looked nice and shiny on the outside, but we're still looking...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 1:13pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

UnhappyBugger,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 1:14pm
Platinum
Platinum

It's a buyers market, the more you look at the more certain you will be when you view the boat that's best for you!