Wavewalk Kayak

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wavewalk Kayak
    Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 11:44am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I thought I remembered someone here having one of these.  I was looking at one and any feedback would be very welcome.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:27pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yip that will be me,
had mine for a few years now
[have noticed they changed design and pricing since then]

mines the old design, had a structural flaw,  were the tunnel meets the hull it would cause a small crack to appear from flexing.
so itaught myself plastic welding and 2 winters ago converted it to a motorized skiff.
with a 2hp honda, deck, structural bulkheads[to remove flex], hatches, engine mount, sliding seat, and cradles for trailer[ use to ty it to roofracks on my trusty camry, but no matter how fusy I was with rinsing etc, ended up with rust in the top edge of winscreen, 475,000 KLms on odo so cant really cry about it!],

anyways love it, can launch and retrieve anywhere, hoon all over the joint, stand up paddle and sight fish,when ya hooked to a king ya can play it out then fire up the outboard , hoon onto sand for landing and photo!
By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 8:14pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's the older style one I'm looking at, and I'd seen a few comments about that design flaw.  I won't be putting a motor on it, just paddling.  How did you find it for paddling, was it more comfortable than a sit on top as you have your legs down?  Will also be on a trailer, I don't think I'd get it up on top of the Bighorn on my own.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 6:19pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yip paddlings all good,
comfy as,
but id recommend making up a padded seat, the ridges in the tunnel are a bit  cumbersome.

your paddling speed wot be as fast as a normal yak, but being able to stand up padlle is
to me the best part.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 5:40pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

After all that I ended up buying an Ocean Kayak Prowler Big Game 2.  I was looking at the Wavewalk, but they increased the price by $500 overnight and I decided I didn't want to deal with a company like that.  The Big Game 2 has a big comfy seat positioned above the deck, and it folds up out of the way to allow you to stand up.  Should be picking it up this week, so I'll see how it goes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 6:14pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I am prowler fan. Wife has Viking 400. They are nice But the Ocean kayak prowler elite is still my favourite. Just as well as she won't let me use hers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:37pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

I am prowler fan. Wife has Viking 400. They are nice But the Ocean kayak prowler elite is still my favourite. Just as well as she won't let me use hers.

I had a Prowler 15 ten years ago, but I'm older (and fatter) now so a big comfy seat was appealing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 5:20pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work, look forward to a report!