Yamaha 140hp part found

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MaccaYakka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yamaha 140hp part found
    Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 3:21pm
MaccaYakka View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi,
when I was giving my spark plugs a quick clean over the weekend I noticed this part at the bottom of the motor, does anyone have any idea where it may have come from/off???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grasshoppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 5:21pm
Grasshoppa View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

top of carb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MaccaYakka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 6:59pm
MaccaYakka View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thank you grasshoppa... do you know what effect this might have on the motor if it is used??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Durban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:38pm
Durban View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The dirt and dust will enter into the 2 little air holes that it covers that feeds onto the venturi i do not think it will inter fear with performance as it gets air through the gap you will notice the little channel on top of the carburetor casting where the stainless steel plate fits onto.