Gamefishing Updates - Coromandel to BOP - 18/19

Topic Closed

Page  <123
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 5:53am
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mate had a stripey come up and have a number of goes at a skippy lure just outside the Penguins on Saturday. He got a heap of skippies there as well, with a big school on the surface. I went out that way late yesterday morning and arvo, no sign of skippies there, but there was a purse seiner lurking around out deeper towards Huttons, we went out there as well but no sign of skippies, water got to 19.8 degrees and not too bad a colour, had a marlin lure out just in case, but no action. It was flat calm and that could explain the lack of skippy action. At about 2.30 the wind started getting up so worked my way back towards the 10 Mile, and got into the skippies right on top of the 10 mile, it was getting pretty gnarly so after getting 16 I started working my way back in picking the odd one up here and there until I got into the 5 Mile at which point I pulled the gear in and came home. Ended up with 25 skippies which along with the ones I already had in the freezer has got my winter bait sorted. Also heard another boat I know got 60 skippies northwest of Mayor, not sure what depth though. I never saw a skippy brek the surface they were all blind strikes.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 4:51pm
KikBac View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We came across a decent surface work up of skippies in 85m off Castle on Sunday. Caught a skipjack, rigged it and dropped it over the side. It got eaten about 3 mins later. Fish fell off but leader had marlin rash. Temp was 19.8 deg. Sounds like a couple of fish dropped in same area on Sat as well.
Page  <123