Shimano stradic rattley handle

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shimano stradic rattley handle
    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 3:17pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just got a new little stradic. Handle has quite a bit of play. Went and checked two other stradics and all of them seem to have this issue. Anyway to remedy it? Cheers
6th place in the inaugural Te Kauwhata Regionals paddle crab division
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 5:56pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

My Stradic is getting rattly too. There are two screws on the handle, I'm guessing that is how it comes apart. It will probably need new bearings . Hopefully a little clean up and some marine grease will fix it but I'm not hopeful. The roller on the bail arm doesn't last long either. 
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 5:58pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

New parts might do it eh
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 6:03pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mine too!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 8:33pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Seems to be standard out of the box. Would expect better
6th place in the inaugural Te Kauwhata Regionals paddle crab division
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 10:52pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have a Stradic and a Saros, not even a year old doing the same thing, Consequence of actually using them I guess.... 😒
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 6:25am
swordfishsteve View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hey Guys, fyi I have been selling and fitting lots of these power knobs to stradics etc for a while now, awesome upgrade from original knobs:
https://www.reelrepairguy.co.nz/product/1212637

cheers swordfishsteveSmile
REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 7:58am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

M8s   OC is a bit floppy at the elbow join..
 Cant see in the parts exploded view how comes apart and dont like to play with stuff unless know.

All the other shimano reels  (OC s and Thunus)..  are well used, far more than this one are ok

The roller on the bail arm doesn't last long either.
 I was warned about that when buying our 1st reel yrs ago...
Most models are bushes, can get stainless bearing thu, and not that expensive...Comes apart ok, but when do, watch very careful how it all fits together.
Very important to wash down and couple drops of reel oil  (there and other places)after each use.
 Dont forget to wipe the bail wire clean as well.