Hybrid strayline running rig idea ideas pls

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gumbootfisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hybrid strayline running rig idea ideas pls
    Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 9:43am
gumbootfisho View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just fired up MSPaint and made this thing had idea last night bait would be a cubed pillie tied on with bait elastic on 6/0 hook looking for only pan sized snapper casting from 4m surfcaster from rocks quite abit of current but hook need to stay off bottom anyone got improvement or think it will work . I think it will ut want few more opinions before commit day of fishing to it

Can I pls have you ideas and you are welcome to laugh

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 2:12pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I feel like it would cast like a bag of crap, mass in 3 different places.... if you could get it in the water without it wrapping around itself on a decent cast I would be surprised.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 2:12pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I dont think that rig will keep the bait that much off the bottom you will need the "pull" point of the trace higher than where you want the bait to be. I would suggest dont reinvent the wheel plenty of "surfcasting rigs" that have a pulley system which is for exactly what you are trying to do.