Island Fishing Luganville Santo

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whiti-fisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Island Fishing Luganville Santo
    Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 8:33am
whiti-fisho View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just come back from a two week holiday on Santo .Best holiday I have had in my life .Fishing was not o good caught a couple of tuna but the taxman got them both before we could boat them ,a smallish GT ,great fight and a red Bass .I cannot recommend Fabrice who owns and operates Island fishing Luganville and Santo highly enough .He is a great bloke ,has a mine of information about Santo as his great great grand parents came to Santo from Sweden and he was born and raised on Santo , He went out of his way to find us fish .The weather wasn't the best but we went to a couple of fads before coming in closer to do jigging then inshore over some reefs for poppering .He has all the gear and its in good condition .He will explain what your options are at the beginning of the day and let you choose what and where you want to go and do and then through the day as things change will give you more options .His snorkelling spot is the best I found on the island with 7-8 bombies in about 2-3 metrs of water with spectacular fish and coral ,hundreds of varieties and colours of fish ,you have an 80%L chance of seeing a Dugong and will almost certainly see turtles there.The fish you catch are yours to decide what you want to do with them ,however all the reef fish have Ciguterra so you can only eat the pelagics you catch .The boat is about eight meters centre consol fibreglasswith 140 Hp Johnson on the back.He is married to a Kiwi lady ,Megan who owns and operates Santo Horse riding ,which we also did great fun ,great horses from experienced riders to novices .She matches her horses to her customers after talking to you about what riding you have done .The ride is fantastic ,through the bush then down a tunnel in the mangroves out to a bay then a ride in the water along a beach .Highly recommended as well .The beauty of it is Fabrice will pick you up from the beach outside where you are staying and Megan will come and pick you up in her double cab and return you there after riding .You could go fishing while the wife and kids go riding .Prices are good as well riding is 15,000 Vatu per person half day ride .Fabrice is 60,000 Vatu for the boat for the day .We stayed at Sunrise Eco Cabannas about 15 mins out of Luganville and the place was very special ,the Cabannas are made by the owners who perfected the Octaginal construction while living in Hawaii ,and they are absolutely beautiful ,lacking for nothing and you are right on the beach with a protected reef straight in front for snorkeling and a great beach for swimming .The food at the restaurant was great we didnt have one bad dish in our whole day .They will organise any trip you want to go on and you will be picked up from the place itself .Its only 1000 vatu to go into town from there .These people Michael and Claire got out of their way to make your stay and their staff are always happy smiling and fun 
 I cant recommend these three highly enough and I cant recommend a holiday on Santo highly enough either ,the people are so friendly there are lots of things to see and do and taste  .Bugger Efate and Port Vila too commercial and dearer
If anyone wants any more info feel free to PM me or ask away on here .We will definitely be going back next year but will time the trip better weather and fishing wise 
I step out my door to paradise on earth
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whiti-fisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 8:37am
whiti-fisho View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum