Which electric anchor winch for a 14-15ftr?

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 12:33am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My mates in WA using them are on a 25ft big yank CC and a big 26ft hardtop. They use 110lb motors, we used them all day fishing up to six hours, in current of up to around 1kn, which is pretty strong, and 10-15kn breeze.
Even in one spot where were had 2kn current, big eddies and whirlpools, the motors held us.
I was enormously impressed.
We left the motors idling to trickle charge the batteries and never got low on the batteries at all. I seldom turn my outboard off once I am on the water anyhow ( ya gotta love fourstrokes eh, lol) so this is not an issue for me and exactly what I shall be doing.
I have a 5.5 and am going for an 80lb thrust motor. I got a great deal on the minnkota I wanted, but if I had not, then an equally good option with gps etc is the Motorguide range available thru the Mercury Dealership range. And.....they are about a grand less than the minnkota.
Not recommending them over minnkota at all, but they have such a massively underwhelming promotion on these units compared to minnkota they are just never heard of.

Oh, one other advantage of the electric motor over an anchor.....you hook up on that hell fish, you can follow it or work it without anchor ropes being a pain in the ass.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Page  <123