Whangarei fishing tips

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Stickybunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whangarei fishing tips
    Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:07am
Stickybunz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys i live in whangarei whats the best place and ways to fish whangarei i am targeting whau valley dam and wairua river mainly i am spin rod fishing and pointers and tips would be awesome
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SNOWKIWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 5:54pm
SNOWKIWI View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Stickybunz, welcome to the site. I live in Whangarei, but have limited experience fishing for trout in this area, although I have done a fair bit of driving and looking for access. You have said that you have tried Whau Valley Dam and the Wairua River. Check out the Fish and Game website, I seem to remember they list the Rivers and lakes that are stocked. A couple that come to mind are: Lake Mauwai, North of Kerikeri, Wilsons Dam out at Ruakaka, and the Opouteke River near Dargaville. Mr Google should help!
Tight Lines!

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing, by people who can't fish.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Stickybunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 7:38pm
Stickybunz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I have tried wilsons but its infected with some plant bloom and not aloud to eat the fish etc im going to fish kai iwi lakes this weekend hopefully it brings me something cheers snowkiwi